Friday 25 July 2008

Last day at work..Its like the last day of Secondary School!

I have only had this feeling a couple of times. I left secondary school in July 1988 with all those promises to keep in touch etc etc, followed by leaving my previous job, where I left in December 1996, with again the same promises.

However, the difference between then and today is the internet. In 1988, I had never heard of it and the mobile phone was the size of a small house and then in 1996, the internet was only used by a minority of people and the mobile phone explosion hadn't started, although I did have one then!

So that brings me around to today - 25th July 2008. It is my last day working for Orange and after 11 years, 6 months and 19 days, I have handed my security pass in, given the car back and nearly finished with the laptop.

I just want to take this oppotunity to thank the vast majority of people who I have worked with all the best and that when we get to Australia, there will be a cold beer in the fridge waiting for you!

And if you really have the urge to keep in ouch, then your comments on here will always be welcome!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Sorry - have moved desks today. Then had problems with data connections! Wishing you, Claire and Harry all the best in Oz. I hope it is everything you wish, hope and want.
Take care
Nicky x